Did you know:
- Parents are slightly more likely to stop having children if the first is a girl
- Parents of two girls are 3% more likely to stop having children than parents of two boys
- Parents of 3 same-gender children are only 2% more likely to have a 4th child than parents of mixed-gender (which shows gender doesn't really affect having a 4th child)
- After having 2 girls the odds of a 3rd girl is more likely
- For the 4th child, the odds actually increase for having a boy after 3 girls
- For 4 children families: 85% are mixed gender, 9% are all boys, and only 5.5% are all girls
I find this fascinating for sure!