Tuesday, April 16, 2013

OMG Chicken

Since my weight loss I have been on a search for new healthy recipes and I found a good one! I have seen several names for this same recipe floating around including "melt in your mouth chicken".

While tasting my very first bite of this recipe the first words out of my mouth were "Oh my God!" Yes, it's that good. Hence, the name OMG Chicken.
You will need:

  • 3-4 chicken breasts (I do 2lbs of chicken breast to feed 6)
  • 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt* (If you buy the single 6oz container, it is still plenty)
  •  1/2 cup Parmesan cheese**
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • cooking spray
*If your not a fan of Greek yogurt, try this anyway! You will never be able to tell that it was used, meaning no weird yogurt taste. I promise! Plus it adds valuable protein!

** Use 1/2 cup of fresh parmesan shreds for clean eating (healthy/unprocessed foods).

All you have to do is mix the Greek yogurt, cheese and seasonings together in a small bowl to create a paste. Coat a cooking dish with cooking spray. Take each chicken breast and rub a layer of the yogurt paste all over it (both sides) and then place in the dish.

Bake uncovered at 375 for 40 minutes and then turn the oven up to 425 and continue baking for another 5 minutes to make it nice and golden brown. You can just do 375 degrees for the 45 minutes but it will not be a golden color.












OMG this is mouth watering! All 3 of my little girls gobble this one up!

1 comment:

Brenden said...

I've made something similar with mayo. I'll have to try the greek yogurt, much healthier! :)